Hi guys!Today I went to the North Museum! There was a gift shop, and at the end after we visited almost every section of the museum, my brother and I got to buy a few things. I got a stuffed Parasaurolophus and a cat charm necklace. I’d say it’s made out of glass or some type of clear rock. We also went to another section of the museum where there were live animals. There were turtles, snakes, cockroaches, lizards, and snake skins and a turtle shell (with no turtle in it). We also went to the Discovery Room, where there were skulls of animals, furs of animals, and also two types of live animals in there. There were leeches and mealworms, and different types of bugs in one tank. And there’s also a toy triceratops that you can interact with.
We went to the Planetarium, which was dome-shaped with the screen above and all around you on the dome, except for the walls. It showed constellations of stars and the stages of life on earth. We also saw different types of butterflies and moths, and there was a collection of them.(They aren’t alive.)
Also, there was a room downstairs with birds and bird eggs and different types of rocks in the back. At the doors of that room downstairs there was a glass box where there were different types of birds. There was also a section about outer space, and there was a cone with a hole at the bottom that you put a coin in a slot and it’ll slide down and it’s supposed to be a black hole and it goes really fast in the middle. The North Museum was really fun for me and Ryan (aka my brother).
I made cupcakes the other night and they were HOMEMADE!They were vanilla cupcakes with CHOCOLATE FILLING FROM SCRATCH! Here is the recipe: The Easiest, Homemade Cupcakes in the World! I’ll write it here:
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened) cut into cubes (Don’t use salted!)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt (Don’t use if you are using salted butter!)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 of a cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I did a bit more)
- 2 cups of melted chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF
- Throw in all your dry ingredients in a bowl.Mix well.
- Pour in a separate bowl.Set the bowl aside
- In the bowl that you mixed the dry ingredients throw in the wet ingredients. Stir well.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together in a mixer
Getting the Pan Ready to Bake
- Get a dark nonstick cupcake pan or spray a regular cupcake pan
- Fill each cup of the cupcake pan 1/4th of the way with the batter
- Pour the melted chocolate into a small bag and cut a small hole in the bottom
- Squeeze the bag so the chocolate and place the chocolate in the middle of the cupcake batter
- Fill the rest of the cup with batter up to the top
- Put the pan in the oven and go make a blog like me
- Pull out the cupcakes
Here is the recipe for making HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE!
- 3/4 of vegetable shortening
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 3/4 of a cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 of a cup of dry milk/powdered milk (It’s the same thing)
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Melt the vegetable shortening in a pan
- Pour it in a bowl and throw in your other ingredients and mix well
I hope you guys like my life as a creative child.